Tuesday, 4 March 2014

Cafe Sopra (Fratelli Fresh), Alexandria


HERROOOOS GAIS!!

Let me introduce you to my favourite Italian joint, CAFE SOPRRAARAARR!

I can't believe it has taken me so long to blog about this place!! I still remember my friend taking me to the branch at Walsh Bay (yeps they have a couple of branches around Sydney) and it was a milestone for me, in the eyes of food.  I have been back numerous times now, and their fresh pastas are always delicious, entrees fantastic..and desserts..OMG..I could go ooon and ooon!!  But for now, lets focus on that sunny arvo...

My friend and I headed over to the NEW Cafe Sopra, Alexandria for lunch!  It was awesome cause we didn't have to wait the usual crazy long line, we preetty much got a seat immediately! Happyyyy! :D

We were on a tight schedule so we quickly ordered, not that we had much to contemplate given that the crab linguine was capturing our attention swimmingly together with my favourite arancini balls bouncing around before us :O


There ya gooos!  Picturesque in my humble opinion ;)


The Arancini Balls ($18.00) came out first! These cute little rice, herbs and taleggio (a stronger smelling cheese) stuffed balls came bouncing out of the kitchen in no time, topped with fluffy shreds of parmesan and a side of salad cream to dunk them into! I squeezed the lemon onto the cream for an extra twang ;) muahahaahs and it was belly goooood.


Soon after, our Crab Linquine ($28.00) arrived, a beautiful composition of perfectly cooked al dente spaghetti tossed together with really tasty and fresh nubbins of crab, zucchini, garlic and chilli.  It was a really light and flavoursome dish which was exactly what we wanted that day!

Sadly we didn't have time for desserts...buttttt  I was super impressed with my experience here and since its the closest branch to me they will definitely be seeing more of meeeeee! :D Can't wait to go back and try my crispy polenta with gorgonzola sauce..and bannoffeee pieeee! YUMMMIIEEEES! 

Recommended dishes: Crispy Polenta and Gorgonzola,
Torta Banoffee, Arancini Balls and Crab Linquine.

I assure you, bliss :) Happy eating! 

Café Sopra at Fratelli Fresh on Urbanspoon

8 comments:

  1. cafe sopra is one of my fave italian restaurants! loved all the dishes i've tried so far esp the pastas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeeer! have you tried the poleentaaa? :P

      Delete
  2. the arancini balls looks so good! this place has been on my list for the longest time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Italian foods.. Cafe Sopra (Fratelli Fresh), Alexandria is a famous restaurants and I have herad it form my traveler friends. After satying at comfortable kiama accommodation. I will fly there.. wait for me.... I'll be ther soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. definitely check it out!! also if you can, try the baked polenta with gorgonzola sauce...amazing :)

      Delete
  4. Cafe Sopra is a great restaurant to eat.. Crab Linquine is one of my favorite food. hope they open branch in Brisbane Australia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. totally!!! its so simple yet tastyyyy!!!! :)

      Delete