Sunday, 2 February 2014

Three Williams, Redfern






Hiii guys! I know I am still in the midst of blogging about Singapore and America, but I HAD to priortise my recent visit tooooooo druummmoooollllllllll..
THREE WILLIAMS!!! :D

After reading many reviews about this cafe situated in Redfern and hearing about a certain crunchy French friend I call toast, or toast I call French friend tehehhe I headed there with bee on a happy sunny Saturday morning. Made even happier with the copious amount of parking which I LOVE (I start to lose it when I can't find parking)!




Love this funky sign, it's like a big fat WELCOME! Hmm that might have been the point..hahaha
In any case, I LIKE!




The cafe was quaint and well lit and buzzing with happy chappies!  We were soon attended to by a lovely waitress who pput us down for a table. I wandered around the cafe, taking in the aromas of the foods, and spying through the cabinet filled with pink glazed donuts and other sweet delights! The smell of fresh brewed cooffeee was rather enticing (and I don't even like coffee!), brewed super jolly staff at the counter whom made us feel right at home!

Annnd hardly much of a wait later, we were seated!  YAY!




I was super excited to try their NARRRNIES!  I would get them just for their cute names! Buuut these narnies were more than that, they were fatt, fluffyyyy--I'll tell you later ;)
For nows, lets talk about co-owner Glen.  Glen and his fish croquettes.  "Do you like fish?" he asks and WELL, even if I didn't like fish, after these babies, I would become a faithful and solid convert.




Here ya go, Fish Croquettes ($3 each).  These crispy footballs of perfection were stuffed with the most amazing creamy fish innards that when we bit into them, I literally saw bee's eyes glaze over in delight, as she did mine.  They were absofully AMAZING! Dipped into their delicious aioli and sprinkled with fresh cut lemon's juice, I had the yummiest croquettes I had ever had in my life!!!!!!!!  




Next came our NARNNIIIEES WEEEE!






Here it is, my Fried Tempeh, Asian-Style Pickled Vegetables, Sriracha & Lime Mayo ($12)

Firstly, the narnie was beautiful.  The bread was so soft and fluffy and just delicious.  I don't eat much tempeh, but the fat chunks stuffed into that bun were so good I wanted to get more on the side just to dip into some of their super yummy sriracha & lime mayo! They were lightly perfectly and had a nice nutty fragrance that I loved.  The pickled veges reminded me of what we eat back in Malaysia (we call it ajar ajar eaten with prawn crackers) and they provided a nice sour punch and crunch to the dish! :D

We heed Glen's final words 'theres only one way to eat these delicious morsels' well something to that effect :P

AND SO WE HELD THEM BY OUR LADY FINGERS AND TORE INTO THEM WITH OUR TEEETH! Haha I kid, but we did hold and eat them like burgers..SO SATISFYING!







O yes, and the other Narnie we got was the Glazed beef brisket, slaw, gherkins, chipotle mayo ($14).  

This narnie was exceptional, and was the favourite of the two for us both!  The slivers of beef brisket were super juicy and literally melted in the mouth!!! The narnie was complimented with delicious crunchy slaw and pickles :D YUMMOS!

And for the finale, the Crunchy brioche French toast with blueberries, yoghurt, roasted pecans and maple syrup ($14)




It was a huuuuge slice of brioche bread completely covered with crunchy bits and dipped into maple syrup with innards so soft and fluffy they reminded me of clouds, if I could eat clouds.  hahaha annnnd must not forget the large dollop of virgin white yogurt and fresh berries went perfectly with the french toast cutting through the sweetness of it and the roasted pecans rounded it off to the perfect fresh toast EVER!





Look at that plate of beauty!!!!!!!! I'm salivating as I write this post...I think another visit is in order..;)




This was the cool kids corner where all the cool kids hang.  



Clearly :P

Ahaha here's a picture of Glen and I and wadda solid man he is, making such hearty solid food! :D thanks again, for an awesome lunch and recommendations, and also to the rest of the staff who made our visit so warm and enjoyable!  I can't wait to go back and try all your delicious fooooods!

Three Williams on Urbanspoon

5 comments:

  1. The fish croquettes are awesome aren't they? And their crunchy brioche french toast is so addictive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YERRSS! I was really surprised cos i don't usually get fish! hahaha those crumbles on the toast were aamaaazing :9

      we must try their frieeees i hear they are awesome!

      Delete
  2. loved the french toast here, amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. soo good, loved how the insides were so fluffy!!!

      Delete
  3. i love the narnies! craving for them right now!

    ReplyDelete