Tuesday, 15 October 2013

Kepos St Kitchen, Redfern



So on the prettiest Saturday afternoon, Jie and I headed over to Redfern to check out Kepos St Kitchen!!!! :D The cafe was small, cosy and full of happy chappies!! We oogled their beautiful treats on display, and I was almost going to grab a brownie and a coconut before being told a table was ready for us already! For such a small cafe, they managed to get accommodate us all quite efficiently :D










Their menu was short and sweet, and we soon decided that we wanted the steak sandwich, falafel and baked eggs! 




Ohh and I almost forgot we also got the Pomegranate Virgin Mojito ($9), and OMGGGGGG we were super smilies, it was one of the yummiest drinks we had ever had!!!




But yessss untooo the foood! That my friends, was our Baked Eggs with Sourdough ($17) in a cute little iron pan :D  Loved it!

Our only gripe was that there was no meat option to add to the baked eggs (i.e. chorizo, ham, bacon) but what they did have was eggplant, so we got us some of those :P




The baked eggs were deeelish! And the extra eggplant made it even better!




Now the Tel Aviv Falafel, Green Tahini ($12) was one of their signature dishes.  They were not your usual falafels I tell you.  They were ginormous falafel balls deep fried and coated with copious amounts of sesame seeds.  And by copious I mean it almost overpowered the falafel taste O_O It was still super yummy, but maybe they could use a little less haha

Ohh and did I mention the side of green tahini that came with  them and how amazing it was? I lightly dipped my first falafel in to test the taste of it, and soon after I was dunking the rest in like oreos in milk, well at least that's how my oreos float ;P






Next came our Steak Sandwich, Caramelised Onion Jam, Wilted Spinach, Aioli and Roasted Tomatoes ($19).  Now this was my favourite of the day.  I can't begin to describe how good it was..but here goes! 

Firstly, the bread.  It was the highlight for me.  Think super fresh sourdough pan fried with butter until crisp but still soft and fluffy on the insides.  Theeeeenn layered with slices of soft, succulent steak, sweet and delicious caramelised onion, fragrant roasted tomatoes, wilted spinach and very generous lashings of the creamiest aioli sauce.  Oh mans it was daaaa bomb! 

I remember quite distinctively my eyes glazing over in delight, literally. :P  I highly recommend this to anyone who goes Kepos, truuuust me its an experience you won't forget :D hahaahah




I will definitely be back here again, to get their steak sandwich and their wagyu beef burger which I have heard is a killer of a burger, and you know how much I luuuurve me burgers! :D :D :D


Kepos Street Kitchen on Urbanspoon



4 comments:

  1. Love baked eggs, these ones look pretty awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they wereeee and if youre a fan of eggplant definitely get some of those :D

      Delete
  2. would love to try those falafels. definitely something i haven't seen at any other restaurant before

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. teheh yesss you must! and that sauce was amazing

      Delete